Metal roofs have been steadily gaining popularity in the United States. They are no longer thought of as roofing materials solely intended for use in barns and industrial buildings. With more and more homeowners opting to install standing seam metal roofs, it is important to understand one of their most important but often overlooked components – the roof clips. Read on as trusted roof repair and replacement company American Roofing & Construction, LLC gives you the lowdown on standing seam metal roof clips and lists down the different types available in the market today.
What Are Roof Clips?
Standing seam metal roofing is one of the most durable roofs you can get and the small clips that are used to fix them in place can have a significant impact on their overall performance. Simply put, a standing metal roof is only as good as the clips that you decide to use and choosing the right one can make or break a metal roof installation.
Types of Metal Roof Clips
- Expansion and Contraction Clips. An expansion and contraction is a moveable clip that is fastened to the deck and has a sliding piece that attaches to the male leg of the panel. These clips are also known as slider or butterfly clips.
- Fixed Clip. As the name implies, fixed clips are fastened directly into the substrate or roof deck and are fixed in place. They are suitable for snap-lock systems and short-length mechanically seamed roofing systems.
- Floating Clip. A floating clip floats or raises the metal panel off of the substrate up to one inch. They can either expand and contract or installed by your roofer as a fixed clip as well.
- Batten Clip. Batten clips are installed between two adjacent male legs on each side of the panel. They are used solely for batten panel systems and are also referred to as tea seams or snap caps.
- Cleats. These are used to anchor down a metal wall system. They attach onto the male leg of the wall panel and then fastened to the wall substrate so the female leg can go over them and snap into place.
If you are looking for a reputable roofing company to properly install a standing seam metal roof for your home, then look no further than American Roofing & Construction, LLC. We have been expertly serving home and business owners in many parts of Alabama for over 15 years. For all your roof-related needs, be sure to give us a call at (251) 379-9712 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation today.